ACESGroup is Australia’s leading professional provider of Event Security. With more than 35 years’ experience planning for and servicing the spectrum of events, concerts, festivals and mass gatherings, corporate functions and conferences in entertainment venues, sports stadiums, arts, recreation, and tourism facilities - we are the experts! We build successful professional careers for exciting events in amazing places, all while working to keep the public safe.
We are seeking Casual Security Officers for a range of sporting and entertainment events being held at WIN Sports and Entertainment Centres in Wollongong.
You will enjoy being part of a great team in an exciting atmosphere, helping to make sporting and entertainment events happen. Depending on the event, your training and experience and the position you are working, your role will include welcoming people, providing access control, checking for prohibited items, roaming and monitoring the crowd, providing event and venue information, securing perimeters and restricted areas including the field of play and protecting people and assets. You will be part of a well organised, professional team with years of experience who love working events!
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide general customer service including event information
- Control access at entry and exit
- Maintain conditions of entry
- Provide crowd direction and management
- Monitor crowd behaviour and RSA
- Monitor, respond and report relevant incidents
- Secure restricted areas
- Protect event assets
- Prepare general security records and reports.
- Flexibility (events are dynamic) and availability (events are frequently evenings and weekends)
- Enjoy working with people (customer centric approach)
- Reliability and punctuality
- Fit and healthy
- Security License (NSW 1AC)
- First Aid Certificate (current)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Competency Card (current)
- Appreciate events, sport and entertainment!
What ACES has to offer
- Amazing workplaces (including Sydney's best events, venues and places)
- Superior career pathways and opportunities
- Training and upskilling (internal RTO)
- Convenient sites / locations
- Flexible rosters
- Successful growing company with diverse opportunities
- Attractive conditions.
ACESGroup is an equal opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. ACESGroup do not accept referrals from recruitment agencies. Please note that successful applicants will require a range of background, police, medical and reference checks.